Monday, November 12, 2007

Wow, what a down-swing...

An incredible run of KK into AA and King-high flushes into Ace-high flushes has taken its toll. And the hand that changed my luck was and all-in on the flop of 762 with me holding 77 and my opponent with AA. Runner-runner flush for him sent me packing on that hand, and my luck has been bad ever since.

Some examples:

AQ < 88 on a Q42 board all-in post flop
KK < TT all-in pre-flop
QcTc < AcKs on a Jc9c8s board all-in post-flop

The list goes on and on and on. It seemed like everytime I had a hand to push with, it was second best. Had I won that hand I talked about in the beginning, my FT account would have been $650+. After this run, I was down to about $300, an incredible swing that had me contemplating a cash-out. But, I really don't want to cash out, I want to re-start and gain some momentum, see if we can right to ship.

Things definately turned around this morning, as I logged in to see my account at $304.13. Depressing. So I was up early enough this morning to play about 45 minutes, 3-tabling, I should be able to get in quite a few hands. I get onto to 3 tables pretty quickly, and the very first hand I get on the first table is KcQc. Not a bad starting hand, I'm in middle position after posting the BB, and raise it up to $1.75 (playing 0.25/0.50). Guy beside me calls, so does the button, the SB and the BB. Fine, 5 players to the flop. Let's hope for something good...

Flop comes out AcJcTc. LOL!! I flop a Royal Flush. SB checks, BB bets $2, I call, guy beside me raises to $6, SB folds, BB calls. I call. At this point, I am hoping someone flopped a set or a straight.

Turn is Td. I am hoping someone filled up, did something, BB checks, I bet $4, other guy calls, BB calls.

River is a 5h. BB now bets $8, I raise to $20, other guy folds, BB calls the additional $12 and shows A5 for 2 pair. Obviously, I take the pot. Over the course of the next 30 minutes, I flop 2 sets, a straight, and then the following hand capped the session:

Hero: Kh8h in middle position. I call, 2 more callers, SB completes, BB checks. Flop: K52 two diamonds. It is checked around to the last guy who bets $1.50. Normally, I fold in this situation, because with any king, I am definately outkicked. 2 other people call, so I decide to call and see what comes of it.
Turn: 8d This completes the flush. This time, the SB bets out $3. I told myself that I was going to fold unless someone else called to build the pot and see what happens. I have 2 pair, but it is definately not good enough. BB calls, so I decide to call, as does the other guy.
River: Ks Wow! I went from looking not very good to rivering the nuts! SB bets out again, $7, the BB calls, I raise to $20, and both the SB and BB call. Amazingly enough, the BB had K5 for a fullhouse, 2nd nuts, and did not re-raise. The SB had T9d for the flush. So that pot was huge, another good one for me.

And the end of it all, I was up almost $130 for the session, to bring my account back up to a respectable $430ish, and well back on my way to getting to $1000 by the end of the month.

Thanks for reading, and good luck at the tables!

Ryan

No comments: