Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Workin' my way back up...

The bankroll got another boost last night, after a very good session. Ironically, my two best pots were ones that I was behind going to the river, and proceded to got lucky.

#1: I get dealt KdQd in middle position, I raise to $1.50 (3xBB) and get 3 callers, including the button and the BB. Flop comes Q22, 1 diamond. I think I have the best hand at this point, so after the BB checks, I lead for $2, a smallish feeler bet. Next guy calls, and the button raises to $4. Damn min-raise. What does it mean? Pocket aces? A 2? He can't have a 2 calling from the button. BB folds, I call, other guy calls.

Turn is a 5d. Decent card for me, now gives me a flush draw. I check, next guy checks, button bets $13 of the $22 he has left. I don't know what I was thinking, but because that second diamond came on the turn, I decided to raise to $30, took the other guy out of the pot, and the button calls with A2. Dammit! Lucky for me, the river was a 3rd diamond, and the $60ish pot gets shipped over my way. Sorry for the bad beat there....

#2 I get dealt AA in middle position, I raise to $2, get 2 callers, the cutoff and the BB. Flop comes Q94 rainbow. Seems like a tame enough board for AA, so after the BB checks, I bet $4, the cutoff thinks for about 15 seconds, and raises to $10. Now, this could mean JT, AQ, KQ, KK, so I am not too worried. But when the BB shoves for the $19 he has left, I have got to think that I am behind. The cutoff has about $18 left after his raise, and I have them both covered substantially, so I figure if I am behind the BB, I can break even or so with the cutoff. So, I push my stack into the pot, and the cutoff calls.

Cutoff: QQ (top set)
BB: 99 (middle set)

Crap, very bad. That is, until an A comes on the turn to give me top set, and the river is a blank, and I scoop quite a large pot.

After a week of losing those hands, along with many others, I finally got lucky a couple of times, and have now run my FT bankroll back up the $525. +$220 in the last 2-3 days. So that is a positive sign.

I am still on track to hit $1k by the end of the month. We will see you all at the tables, and thanks for reading.

Ryan

No comments: