Thursday, November 15, 2007

Going through the motions

Last couple of days have been pretty boring, nothing much to speak of as far as profit on the poker tables. I find it interesting sometimes that you sit down for a session online, and for some reason, you just don't feel like you are going to win.

This morning was a perfect example. I just really felt that when I sat down to 3 tables, it didn't feel right, or something, and I felt I was going to play poorly. And I did. I got 2 or 3 premium hands and played them like shit. Overpushed on two of them preflop and my opponent folded both times after his re-raise. And the other, I had KK, and cursed the computer when the A came on the flop and chicken-shitted my way to checking down to river until my opponent hit his set of jacks and called his overbet like a donk.

Ended up down about $35 for the session to erase the $30 or so that I had won late the night before. The roll is not exactly comfortable for $0.25/0.50 at $530, as the variance could kill me soon, I just can't bring myself to play lower stakes. I have seen Tony Eusebio playing the $0.15/0.30 deepstack 6-man tables, but I can't play 6-man, as evidenced by my 2 previous bankrolls flushing down the toilet. I thought I liked the action of 6-man, but I am just no good at it. I guess I am just a tight nit.

Anyways, hopefully we can get something going in the next few days and push me back over the $600 mark. Still hoping for the $1k mark by the end of the month.

See you at the tables.

Ryan

No comments: