Monday, November 26, 2007

Mission Accomplished

Goals are a good thing. My wife is always telling me about goals. As is my father. Without goals, you can't measure your success. You can't measure when you are compared to where you were. I have never really had goals. I just go through like and see where it takes me, and so far, it has taken me to some good places.

I made a goal to hit $1k in my bankroll before the end of the month. After 6 weeks of grinding at $0.25/0.50, I hit my target. Was really nice to see that bankroll go into the 4 digits. I know $1k is not much to some people, but from $100 and grinding up, $1,000 seems like a nice number. I don't plan on cashing out any time soon, I would like to attempt at running the bankroll up to $2k or $3k, but for now, I am thrilled with my success up until now.

The hand that took me over hump was your classic TPTK vs. a set, me obviously having the set. Gotta say, it is amazing how many online micro-limit players are willing to go broke with 1 pair, even if it is top pair.

I had a a few other interesting hands in the session, one where I was all-in on the flop on a 994 board with my J9 vs. K9 vs. 44. Somehow, a K came on the river to bail out the other guy, but I was left with $40 less on that hand.

Another interesting hand that I got berated for was one in the BB when I had 63sooooted. UTG raises to $2, and right away I said that I would fold, unless there was at least 1 other caller. The button ended up calling, and even after he did, I considered folding, but opted not to. Both stacks had me covered, and I thought that was reason enough, just in case I hit the flop well. The flop comes a beautiful K63 rainbow. I lead out for $4, and the UTG player insta-all-ins for $50. The button folds, and I mumbled to myself that if I am going to play $hit like this, I better bet out and be aggressive if I hit it. I called all-in with the UTG player showing AA. My hand held up, and that gave me a nice boost. (Obviously not after the UTG player gave me shit about playing 63.

Now that I hit my first goal, here is my new one:

Since I will probably not be playing much poker in the next 3 weeks (Daughter's birthday this weekend, company kid's party as well, company adult party and our own Christmas party the next weekend, and a trip to Vegas on the 13th through 17th of December) I am going to not make a goal until after Christmas. I will be playing some but not much. When I wake up on January 1st, we will see where my roll is, and make a goal at that time. I am going to play a few more MTTs if I can get some time, which has been hard to come by, but probably more 25c/50c for me at this time. Hopefully, we can continue this run of fortune and get to $2k in the near future. Currently, the roll is $1,042.54 and counting. GL me.

Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving, and hope to see you all at the tables.

Thanks for reading.

Ryan

No comments: