Monday, November 5, 2007

Funny, this game of poker

I got in about 10 hours of poker this weekend, mostly cash, played a couple of sit-n-gos, all my play on FT. Early Saturday morning, I played about 4 hours, and stunk it up playing cash games. Lost 2 big all-in pots for about $40 each, and was up about $10 on everything else cash. I will say that each time, when the money got in, I was behind, so it is not surprising that I lost the 2 hands.

While all of that was going on, I decided to play an 18-man $10+1 sit-n-go. It went very well, and with not too much effort, I managed to get down to the final 4 as the 2nd stack. Once the money burst, the table was crazy, all-ins with middle pair, low flush draws. I ended up getting my money in with QQ vs. AK vs. AJ and luckily it held, and I had a massive chip lead which I held until the final 2. I actually ended up losing to chip lead to 2 coolers, and I was 3-1 down in chips. But a PF all-in with AA vs KQs and then the very next hand all-in with AJ vs A9 and that was that. $72 bucks, and I was back to even for the session.

The rest of the weekend, I was never up or down more than about $15 total at any time, none of my cash tables were very active, had some nice hands, and would raise 3 times the big blind, and everyone folds. No big pots to speak of at all.

Then, last night, about 10pm, I was just about to pack it in for the night and head to bed, I said that I would play 1 more round on each of the 4 tables I was playing. In a matter of 5 minutes, I got aces 3 times, kings twice, AK about 4 times and hit 3 sets with small pocket pairs. With all of those hands, I won all but one hand (folded 88 with a AQ9 board). Was all-in with my KK vs. AK and it held, slowplayed a set of aces to get paid of decently on the river. Hit a straight with AK, top 2 pair with AK, and took blinds with most of the rest. All in all, I was up about $65 in 5 minutes. It was crazy. All that work all weekend, and variance finally hit me in the right spot. Was refreshing.

At the end of it all, my PS balance is still $20.05, and my FT balance is up to $553.20, so I have always worked myself back to my peak online roll of $600+. I am almost there, and looking to hit $1k on Full Tilt by the end of the month.

Thanks for reading, and will see you all at the tables.

Ryan

No comments: