Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Terrific!

Wow is all I can say. It was a great weekend for me. Was a long weekend here in Mexico, and I had some things to do over the weekend, but I got to play a lot of poker on Monday. A lot of my play was from 4:30am to 7:00am (Mountain time), as my wife was busy with work, and I had to help (she works out of the house) and tend to the kids as well.

During the course of the day, my bankroll has skyrocketed to a level I have never had before, over $850. I started the weekend around $525-550, and on Saturday morning, I sat down and played 4 tables on FT. Within 20 minutes, I was down $100 for the session. After a horrible beat with AA vs JT, I started to tilt a little bit and donked off another $60.

I got up, made a pot of coffee, walked outside, took a couple of deep breaths, and regrouped. Now at $440 in my bankroll, I started playing some good poker.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1724135
What I didn't realise here until the end was that I hit a 1-outer on the turn to take the pot. Lucky for me, he had top 2, and paid me off nicely on the river.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1724144
The whole rule about going broke in an unraised pot holds true on this hand. I flop the nuts with the hidden strength of my hand and get paid off nicely when the other 2 guys have decent hands. I know some will say limping under the gun with 99 is probably not too wise, but I can definately say that my under the gun play is not incredibly good. Any comments on this one?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1724156
This guy had been raising, re-raising everyone at this particular table, and taking down pots with huge bets on the flop, and had been mildly successful. He had the exact hand I wanted him to have, and my big bet was not enough to push him off the hand. Cha-ching!

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1724217
In this particular hand, I had raised 3 times in a row previously. The 3 previous hands were KK, then I raised with QJ and took down the pot with a flop bet, and then hand right before this one, I re-raised with AK after a raise and a call. I don't know what this guy put me on, but I figured my image was kind of maniacal, so I thought an all-in was a decent play from the cutoff. I got a loose call, and took down a decent pot.

I through in a couple of 9-person sit-n-gos and a $24 MTT into the mix this weekend with no good results. When I first started playing online, all I did was $5 and $10 sit-n-gos, but it has been so long, I can't remember how to play them. I guess in a cash game, since the blinds never change, each hand is a new game. The patience required for the sit-n-gos is just not there anymore. One day, when I have more time, I will get back into it. For now, cash is doing me just fine.

Thanks for reading, hope to see you at the tables..

Ryan

No comments: