Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel down...

FT Bankroll: $524.77
PS Bankroll: $41.26
Total Online Bankroll: $566.03

Well, after my run in the FT $750k, going back to grinding at the $0.25/0.50 level just doesn't seem to be as fun. I sit there thinking back to a hand about 60 people before the money bubble where I got all of my chips in against a raiser before me, with his AJ vs. my AK and my hand holding up. The thrill and excitement that came along with winning that hand, I don't know that I have experienced that, maybe ever, in online poker.

Now, I sit down this morning and 4-table some cash games on FT and mosey along with nothing really exciting happening, and then I win an $85 pot when all of the money gets in on a flop of Q94 when I am holding Q9suited when I call from the button against a raiser to $1.75 and another caller. Maybe a loose call, but it worked out well when the original better overshoves all-in with pocket aces and he doesn't catch up. Now that was fun, but the prospect of $130k for the winner of the FT tourney, that pot of gold out there was much more thrilling than this $85.

Because the FT tourney took away basically an entire Sunday afternoon with my kids, I will not be trying to qualify anymore for that tourney until at least next year, say May or June when my wife goes up to Canada on vacation with the kids for 5 weeks. But for this one time, man, what a thrill.

Good luck at the tables all, hope to see you all there, and good luck.

Ryan

No comments: