Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Holy Variance...

Ending PS Balance: $305.73
Ending FT Balance: $335.21
Total Online Bankroll: $640.94

First of all, just to reference to my previous posts:

1) Lost over $100 yesterday 4-tabling on FT, then later on PS. It was as though I couldn't even buy a pot. Got to be at the end, I tilted off some money on a KKT4 board with 77, then when the 9 came on the river, I pushed, and of course the guy called with AK.
2) PS says I don't qualify for the bloggers tourney. That's ok really, don't know if my schedule would have fit to play anyways...

To my post of the day:

After getting poor results 4-tabling it yesterday, I was going to take a break. Yah right. I can't take a break, I love playing poker too much. So I hopped on this morning and decided to 2-table it for an hour or so before work. Got in about 200 hands between the 2 tables with wonderful results. I played 3 big pots and won all 3. (Playing $0.25/0.50)

Pot 1: I have 77 on the button, middle position raised to $1.75, I call, SB and BB both call. Flop is 7s4s3s. Pretty good flop for me, but obviously I am still not comfortable with 3 spades out there. It is checked to me, with $7 in the pot, I put out a $3 feeler bet to see what's up. If someone calls, I figure the As is out there. The SB folds, BB now raises to $8 (with $15 behind), middle position calls. $hit. Someone's got the flush, so the board has to pair. Of course I call the $5 after taking quite a bit of time. The turn is a beautiful 4c. BB immediately moves all-in, middle position thinks for a good 30 seconds, and as I am yelling CALL CALL CALL to the monitor, he folds, of course I call and scoop the pot when the BB shows 9s8s for the flopped flush. Nice $60+ dollar pot.

Pot 2: I have KK in middle position, and after 1 limper, I raise to $2.50. Late position calls, as well as a very loose BB (who has everyone covered), early limper folds. Flop comes 933 rainbow. I like this flop a lot. With about $8 in the pot, I bet $3 making it look like a standard continuation bet. Late position calls, and the BB raises to $14. It could be argued that I should have thought about it a little more, but because he was such a loose player, I put him on K9 or A9, no way he slowplayed AA on me, I insta-shove for my remaining $30ish, late position folds and BB insta-calls. Oh oh. Turn 4, River 3. I scoop the pot when BB shows T9os?

Pot 3: I was just about to head up and shower, and decided to take one more orbit around the only table I had left open. I middle position, I find 9h9d, after the first 3 players limp. Now, some would say raise, but if I raise to $2 or $2.50, the donks say 'POT ODDS, had to call!' If I raise to $4 or $5, I get no action. I decide to limp, and by the time we see the flop, there are 7 players. Eeeesh. My mood changes when the flop comes Q93 rainbow. Check, check, guy behind me bets out $5 (with $18 behind) into a $3.50 pot. I thought that was strange, definately doesn't have JT, maybe QJ or Q9, who knows, anyways, I call, everyone else folds. Turn is a J, he now checks. I bet $7, and he calls after thinking about it for a moment. He's got $11 left, so I put him all-in after and Ace hits on the river. He seems to relunctantly call, and mucks. I look at the HH and he has 33 for a set of 3's. He played it as though he thought he was behind the whole way, which he was. I still managed to get all of his money.

So, life has been restored to my bankroll. The goal is to hit $1k by the end of the month. If I can achieve that, I might reward myself with a buy-in to a $50-$100 tourney and see if I can really give myself a boost with a deep finish. If not, we will just keep pluggin' away at 50NL and see what happens.

Thanks for ready, see you at the tables.

Ryan

No comments: