Monday, October 8, 2007

Wild Weekend!

Ending PS Balance: $242.55
Ending FT Balance: $401.86
Total Online Bankroll: $644.41

Was a crazy weekend to day the least. Got in about 3000 hands of 50NL buying in for $30. I don't know if it is fear that prevents me from buying in for the full amount. I guess with my roll as it stands right now, I can stand to lost 2 buyins at $30, but two @ $50 just seems to be too big of a risk. I tend to keep my pots small, pick up blinds when I can, so I don't really feel the need to be a big stack.

Started out Saturday morning on Pokerstars playing 4 tables. After about 700 hands, I was up on 2 tables, down on 2, basically even for the session. I was getting pretty bored, and my kids were about to get up. (my wife sleeps in until at least 10 on the weekends, so my poker time is usually between 5am and 8am when the kids get up.) Anyways, I figured it was time to get aggressive or quit for the day. I decided the following hand was an opportunity for some post-flop agression:

In the cut-off, I get dealt 8d7d, I have really enjoyed playing more suited connectors lately, they definately have good value. 3 limpers before me, I decided to limp and see what happens. Blinds check, 6 people to the flop, all with stacks between $25-45:

Flop: 8h7hKc There's $3 in the pot, and the BB puts in a $2 bet, 2 callers before me. So, there is $9 in the pot, 5 people left in the pot. Do I put in a raise now? Hope someone has AK or KQ and pays me off? There are some cards that I definately don't want to see on the turn, so I take my time before putting in a raise to $7. Small blind now re-raises to $17, which represents 60% of his stack, so he is committed for sure. BB goes all-in for $29 total, two previous callers fold, I call all-in for about $27 and the SB calls as well.

SB: AcAs
BB: AhKh

Man, was I sweating those last 2 cards, which put a 3rd heart on board (2h) on the turn, but a lovely 8c on the river to complete my boat and take the main pot of about $85. Of course, the small blind then goes crazy about me playing 87, only to get $hit from the rest of the table about limping with Aces in the SB with 5 other players. Needless to say, it was a nice boost.

So I ended the morning session up about $60.

On Sunday morning, I four-tabled again PS, and was up about $80 collectively on all 4 tables by playing no big pots. I think the biggest pot I won is when I called an all-in bet with QQ from a short-stack pusher who had AK. Queens held up for a $24-25 pot. Unfortunately, right before I ended my session, I raised in late position with Ah8h, only caller was the BB. He checked a flop of JT7 with 2 hearts. I put in a bet of $3 which he called. Turn comes an off-suit 9. I'm excited. So excited that I turn blinders on when he raises my bet on the turn, as we get all the money in (I had about $42 total when the hand started). I figured I was on a freeroll until the river is a blank and he turns over KhQh for the nuts. #$*&%@*!$^. That cut my profit in 1/2, but still a respectable $40-45 profit for that session.

Later on Sunday, I tried my luck at a $20+2 45-man SNG on FT, which I busted out in 31st after getting no cards, and losing a race with AJ suited vs. 66. Crap. Then hopped on the $0.25/$0.50 cash tables on FT and did very nicely. Was lucky to get All-in preflop twice, once with QQ vs. TT and the other with KK vs. QQ.

Anyways, I've been running, good, let's hope it keeps going. Good luck to everyone, hope to see you at the tables.

Ryan

No comments: