Thursday, October 25, 2007

Back down to Earth...

PS Bankroll: $33.59
FT Bankroll: $305.11
Total Online Bankroll: $338.70

Well...

My run of good fortune is pretty much over. I guess I am not the poker player I thought I might be. My Pokerstars account has dwindled by taking a series of beats, being card dead, and then proceeding to go on a major tilt. At one point, I lost over $75 on 2 successive hands having AJ and AQ, and open-pushing with both because I was steaming, and getting called once by KK and the other time by AA and losing of course.

When I get some time, I am going to play a few MTTs with my remaining money, maybe a $5 or $10 and see if I can make a deep run and build the bankroll back up. If not, I probably won't deposit any more on PS.

My FT bankroll was as high as about $350. I then proceeded to lose another series of beats, some bad, some not so bad. 4-tabling it the other day, I was all-in 3 times within 5 minutes with KK, AA and JJ, to be called with inferior hands each time and losing all 3 for about $100 worth of beats. The bankroll went all the way down to about $130. Almost back to where I started.

In the last 3 days, my luck has come back a little, and the very few times I have gotten all of my money in, I have been a favorite and won. I also flopped flushes twice with small suited connectors and got paid off both times, once with the guy holding A-rag with the A of the flush cards, and the other time with TPTK, and had him drawing dead on the turn. So the FT bankroll is back to healthy, will be playing cash there, and an MTT or two on PS when I have a few hours to spare, which is basically never at this point. Work 50-60 hours a week, and then working with my wife after hours and being with my 3 kids, that fills up my day and then some. I really don't want to play tired, even as much as I am addicted to the game.

I don't know many people on FT, although I have been railing Loretta8 and Tony Eusebio without them knowing. They are really the only 2 people I know there, and I read their blogs, so I thought I would see how they were doing. Good luck to them, and the rest of you at the tables.

Ryan

No comments: