Monday, October 29, 2007

Busted in 420th

Well, this taught me a lot of things, especially being my first time in a big tournament like this. My final hand I should not have been in.

I crossed the money bubble in 180th out of 522 people with a healthy 23.5k in chips. I raised 3 times after the money bubble, once with nothing from the cutoff to steal blinds, and got re-raised all-in by someone with 15k in chips in the BB and folded. Then, I raised with AQdd from middle position a few hands later. The flop came 3 low spades, and eventually folded on the turn.

I was down to about 12.5k in chips, and called from the button with QJss (blinds were at 500/1000 I think, one guy raised to 2400, another guy called, so did I, and so did the BB. So there is 10k in the pot, I have 10k left. Flop comes J65 rainbow. I ended up with all of my money in, and one of the guys in middle position had hit a set of 5's. Good game me. I should not have been in the pot on the first place, but such is life.

It was a fun run for 4 1/2 hours, and I was happy to cash in my first Sunday major tournament. Thanks for all of those who railed.

See you all at the tables.

Ryan

No comments: