Monday, February 11, 2008

A weekend full of SNGs...

Throw in about 30 mins of cash games and a couple of MTTs, and that was my weekend. My wife had a friend in from out of town, along with her two kids, and they spent a lot of time together. Eventhough I had the kids with me most of the time, during naps and early bedtimes, I was able to get quit a bit of poker in.

As discussed previously, I am on a terrible downswing playing cash games. Yes, that is what brought my roll to where it was 30 days ago, and I did have a good run at one point, but right now, I am so timid, every time I play a hand, I think I am going to get beat. It has been rough, and an attitude like that, you never are going to win.

I am fiding myself checking down with TPTK, folding to semi-bluffs and then by the time the river hits, I would have won the hand. Not trusting reads or betting patterns, and just all in all playing horrible cash game poker.

Hence my decision to focus more on SNGs. I have always liked them, and the fact that going broke on a hand only costs you a buy-in is nice, although winning an all-in doesn't guarantee you any money either.

I posted my SNG history in the last post, and here are my results since then:








And then here is my overall SNG history brought to you by Sharkscope:





I have not kept track of cash games that well, or really at all since I have started playing, but these SNG stats are pretty decent. I guess the trick would be to move up a level and see how that goes. I have been playing mostly $6 and $11 6-man turbos. Would be really great if there were a $15ish turbo, but instead, I would have to move up to $22 turbos. I don't have any problem doing that, I am just a little bit of a bankroll nit.

What is usually the case is that, like right now, I would play three $6 6-man turbos and two $11 6-man turbos. With tourney fees, that $43.50 for those 5 SNGs. If I win one of the $11 SNGs, I break even and the rest is gravy. I know it is a nitty way to look at it, but I like to have 4-6 SNGs going at once, and the goal (obviously) would be to profit at least something on that round of SNGs. I have played about 13 "rounds" the last few days, and only ended up down on one occasion, so it has been working.

Crazy thing about the weekend, the summary of my cash experiences lately:

How does he call this?

Nice runner-runer donk!


Quickest $70 I ever spent. Really depressing after grinding it out on SNGs and then losing a bulk of the profit in 3 minutes.

Anyways, back to the SNG grind. Hope you are all well, thanks for reading, and good luck at the tables.

Ryan

No comments: