Monday, February 18, 2008

Quick update

Well, it was a pretty shitty weekend. Recap (as I don't have much time right now):

Played 4-5 Sunday Million satellites, got heads-up in on for the seat and lost with flush vs. higher flush on the river. I actually had a pair on the turn, and was happy to see the flush, but if it doesn't come, I probably win the seat. Ick.

Played several qualifiers for the FTOPS main event with no luck.

Was down over $100 playing SNGs that I had been killing.

Cashed in a $24 90-man KO tourney, finishing 9th with 9 paying. Knocked 3 people out, so it was good for a total of $45+$12=$57. Not bad. Cashed in a 180-man $4 on Stars, finishing 15 or 16 I think. Was short-stacked and limped into the money, busting a few hands later.

Played a couple of random tourneys with no success.

Bankroll dipped under $2,700 to somewhere around $2,650, although haven't checked it to see exactly. My wife is gone for the next 9 days, so I will be playing a lot. But after yesterday (played 20-25 tourneys/satellites/SNGs in about 3 hours) I am kinda tired and almost want a break. But that will have to wait until she gets back.

Oh, also wasted 3000+FPPs on Stars trying to qualify for that 10,000FPPs $2MM tourney, with no success as well. Satellites suck. For me anyways.

The only satellite that I really like is the $8 36-man D.S. on Stars, but they only run it on Saturdays and Sundays. What's up with that?

Either way, will be a poker-filled week and a half, and I will keep you updated as I go. Just take a deep breath now while at work, and think positive thoughts for the evening session.

Also watched the final table of $2,500 FTOPS event. Some sick, sick play. To think that the 9th place guy got $35k or something like that, and the winner got almost $500k, it's just crazy to watch. Some sick calls, with some 3-betting and 4-betting with cards other than AA and KK, was crazy. One hand, a guy raised, was re-raised, and another guy re-raised and it got back to him and he pushed his whole stack in. Both of the other guys tanked forever and folded, and the original pusher showed 99. I am sure he was behind, but FUCK!, that takes balls.

Talk to you guys later, thanks for reading.

Ryan

No comments: