Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Twas the Day after Christmas

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. Things around my house were absolutely nuts with a million kids and friends and family. Online poker was definately something on the back burner over the last week or so, but I did manage to get in a few hours.

In general, I have been stinkin' it up at PS in the 50NL cash games. Call with suited connectors, don't hit. Raise with Jacks, have and Ace and a Queen hit the flop. It's not like I am getting no cards, I just don't seem to be hitting anything. The icing on the cake yesterday was when I was 4-tabling and ended up all-in on the flop on 2 tables at the same time with top set, only to get sucked out with flushes and straights on both and lose 2 buy-ins in 5 seconds.

On Full Tilt, things are ok, I am down a little on the cash games, but the times that I have lost money with big hands, I have been behind when the money got in. On the 24th, the big blow was having pocket aces, and calling a 5xBB raise on the button from a player in middle position. I am thinking AK or AQ. Flop comes out Q93rainbow, we get all of the money in, he has a set of 9s. Ick. No suckout for me, there goes 1 buy-in.

I haven't gone below my $2k achievement at any time, but I was at one point at almost $2,200, and now am currently at:

PS: $554
FT: $1,513
Total: $2,067

It's not bad considering the all-in losses that I have had in the last week.

I will make January goals on the 31st of the month, as well as post my New Year's resolution(s) as well. I hope all is well with your families, and I shall post a couple more times this year and update you on my status.

Thanks for reading, Merry Christmas.

Ryan

No comments: