Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Back from Vegas

Vegas was a great time, went with both of my parents, no wife, no kids, no work or other stresses to worry about for four days. It was wonderful.

All in all, the poker played during the trip was almost uneventful. I was up a whopping $300 for the trip. My biggest hands of the trip were:

1) Flopping quad 4s in a raised pot with a K44 flop, getting paid on the flop and turn by 2 guys holding AA and AK, and then paid on the river by the AA guy again who rivered the 4-flush. Also got a modest $100 for the high hand jackpot.

2) Big blind special 53cc with the flop 2c4c9d, got it all in postflop against a guy with Kings who didn't raise preflop. Hit my flush on the turn.

3) Flopped a set of 7s on a board of AK7. Got paid nice by a guy with top 2.

Worst hand of the trip was when I raised with KTcc from middle position and got 2 callers. Flop comes out TT5. Bet, raise, call. Turn come a Q. We get all the month in, he has AT. Ick. Sick cooler there.

Other bad one was flopping a set of queens on a KQ9 board, playing very agressive, and getting rivered by a T with a guy calling the whole way with AJ. What the??

All in all, I thought I played pretty well. Made a few good value bets, a couple of timely bluffs. Could have easily been up $1k or so if a couple of things go my way.

I return to the land of online poker for the next few weeks, and there will not be any live poker in the near future here.

Quick update of bankroll status:

FT: $1,426
PS: $732
Total bankroll: $2,158

Back to the grind. See you all at the tables.

Ryan

No comments: