Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Off to Vegas Baby!

The fact that I have had a nice online run in the last few weeks gets me even more excited about my trip to Vegas. I am headed out tomorrow, and I am there until Monday morning. Staying downtown at the Nugget, but I will venture out to the TI. I am definately a live 1/2NL player, I can't stand the heat of 2/5, out of my league and my bankroll presently.

That being said, I am almost sad to not be playing online poker for the next few days. It has been a good run, and I hope it continues.

Quickly, the last 24 hours have included 4-180 $4 sit-n-gos on PS. The first one I went out on the very first hand (haven't played in one of these for 6-8 months at least, but I wanted to see something other than cash). Got AA on the button, after a preflop raiser, I raise again with my two red aces, the guy insta-pushes all in for our starting 1500 stacks and turns over the monstrous Q5cc. I laughed for only a second until the flop brought 3 clubs. WeeeeeEEE!! Had me basically drawing dead.

2nd one I made it to the last 3 tables with a pretty good stack, but lost my AK vs. AQ AIPF, then with about 2k in chips left, I pushed with KQoff and lose a race to TT. pfff. The other 2 I went out in 50ish place, nothing eventlful.

Played a little cash. My two biggest hand had me all-in preflop as a huge underdog, QQ vs. KK and AKcc va. AdAh. I flopped a set of queens on the first hand and then turned a flush in the second hand, much to the shagrin of my opponent. Probably could have avoided being all in on both of the hands, but I had had a few drinks, and felt like gambling!

This morning, I played about 25 hands, the last one being on the button with 5s7s, raising it up to $2. I get min-raise to $3.50 by the BB and I called. Yes, very bad call, but this was my last hand, I wanted to play it. Flop comes K57. :D Only worried about KK now. He bets $4, I raise to $14, he calls. Turn is a 6, rainbows the board. He checks, I push all in, he calls. river is an 8, he shows AK for top pair. Cha ching! Obviously then start giving me $hit about playing 57. I obviuosly wrote in the chat box: "Well, they were sooooooted!!" That pissed him off, and then he left.

The session wasn't without a bad beat or two from my opponents, and overall, I now sit in this position:

PS: $685
FT: $1,262 + 6x$26 tokens = 1,418
Total Bankroll: $2,103. ($3k reached by Dec 31???)

Thanks all for reading, won't be posting again until next week Wednesday to recap my Vegas trip.

Ryan

No comments: