Friday, May 16, 2008

Tried something new...

Got $100 back from rakeback yesterday, so I thought I would test myself by playing the 50/50 and the 32k guaranteed on FT. Tripled up in the 50/50 in the first 20 minutes when I flopped TPTK in a 5-handed flop and got paid off by 2 guys all the way to the river. Played like a tight nit the rest of the way, and ended up getting A9 all-in preflop blind vs. blind with about 10BBs left, BB had AJ, gg me.

Played the 32k as well, got to the money bubble and was 6th out of 125 guys left. Very next hand I played against a guy I had barely covered, he raises, I re-raise on the button with AK, he calls. Flop is K22, we get it all in, he has 99, turn is a 9, gg me.

Played a few SNGs and a 5000FPP SNG for an FTOPS seat, most with not much luck at all. Finished the night about $20 down. Was fun though, but dissapointing when staring at a $6k first place prize.

Either way, not much more poker until next week. Thanks for reading, good luck my fellow bloggers in the FTOPS main event. Hope to see one of you on top!

Ryan

No comments: