Friday, May 2, 2008

I wish I always had 2 hours to play…

I have had quite a run with these 27-man tourneys on Stars. I have made it to the final 9 without any problems in each of the last 7 times I have played them, and I have booked 1 win, three 2nds, and a 3rd. I don’t know what it is about these tourneys, I guess the structure is slow enough to have skill win out for the most part, and they are full of people who like to race for all of their chips early on.

In my most recent effort this morning, I double up in the first 10 hands when I raised to 80 in middle position (first blind level of 10/20) with KK and was called by button and the BB. Flop comes out a beautiful KT4 two hearts. BB bets 100, I call, button raises to 400, BB thinks about it for quite a while before folding. Obviously, I am trying to figure out how to get all the money in, and figure if this guy is raising, he has AK, QJ of hearts, some kind of flush draw. Anyways, I just pushed and he insta-calls with… AA, no heart. I am just trying to dodge 2 outs, and I do.

Chipped my way up to 6500 with maybe one showdown, and was 3rd of 9 when we got to the final table. Got down to 6 pretty quickly, and then at that point, there were 3 guys at less than 2000 chips on the bubble. Finally, one of them busted and we got down to 3-handed quickly with the CL at 20k+ in chips, and the other villain had about 13, I had 7. Blinds were pretty high, and I was pushing with any 2 decent cards. Finally got called with I pushed with A6 and the big stack called with 22. Flopped 789 of hearts, I had the ace of hearts, so I have got a zillion outs, and even more when the board pairs the 7 on the turn, but no luck on the river. Sure, it’s only $24 for a $5 buy-in, but my ROI on these things is huge. Hope I can keep it going.

Anyways, will try and get some Sunday Million qualifiers in this weekend, as well as a few FTOPS qualifiers as well, see what happens. Hope everyone is well, and good luck at the tables.

Ryan

No comments: