Monday, March 9, 2009

Poker-filled weekend

Got to play a lot this weekend, online and live. Online went pretty well, busted out of all my tournaments, but cash went steadily well. Here is the biggest hand that I won, which wasn’t that big, but overall I was up modestly for the weekend:

Full Tilt Poker Game #11036155773: Table Camel (deep) - $0.10/$0.25 - No Limit Hold'em
Seat 1: PJS JR ($33.05)
Seat 2: ClayChan ($25)
Seat 3: dafrk3in ($26.58)
Seat 4: baric ($38.81)
Seat 5: -xXxTREBORxXx- ($26.10)
Seat 6: srmizzie ($29.36)
Seat 7: JakesForLuck ($23.90)
Seat 8: Erdengel ($14.99)
Seat 9: AIAG79 ($29.59)
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to PJS JR [Ah As]
PJS JR raises to $1.10
ClayChan calls $0.85
4 folds
JakesForLuck calls $1.10
2 folds
*** FLOP *** [3d 9d 9c]
PJS JR checks
ClayChan checks
JakesForLuck bets $3
PJS JR calls $3
ClayChan folds
*** TURN *** [3d 9d 9c] [5c]
PJS JR checks
JakesForLuck bets $3
PJS JR calls $3
*** RIVER *** [3d 9d 9c 5c] [9h]
PJS JR checks
JakesForLuck bets $6.50
PJS JR calls $6.50
*** SHOW DOWN ***
JakesForLuck shows [Qh Jh] three of a kind, Nines
PJS JR shows [Ah As] a full house, Nines full of Aces
PJS JR wins the pot ($27.22) with a full house, Nines full of Aces

I ended the weekend with a bankroll of $464, up slightly from my last update. I was up near $500 at one time, but right at the end of my last session, I failed to get there with an open-ended straight and flush draw against a weak top pair for a $50 pot. That was disappointing.

Got to play some live poker last night, we don’t play a huge buy-in game, $20 gets you 200 chips and we play 1/2 which is essentially $0.10/0.20. Thing is, since we lowered the stakes, we always end up with more money on the table by the end of the night, because people constantly re-buy. By the end of the night, there was $650 on our 8-handed table, and only 3 people were up at the end of the night.

My highlights included a $140 3-way all-in pot on a board of Th6s4s4h, I was holding Q4 (one of my favorite hands) after calling a marginal bet on the flop from my opponents that held 5s7s and KK. We got it all in on the turn after I sucked out with trip fours and the river was the Ts. The flush chaser got excited, but realized quickly that he was beat with my full house.

After dwindling to 1200 in chips ($120) I got involved in another 3-way all-in against 1 player with 400 chips, the other with about 200 chips, all-in pre-flop holding twoblackaces against AhKh and AcQc. They were both drawing dead on the turn and I was up to 1800 ($180) I cashed out at the end of the night with 1700, one other guys had about 1500 and another player had over 1000. The rest of the table had chips, but lower amounts than they bought in for.

My wife was happy for the win, and that will allow me to plan another poker get-together in 2 weeks. I am now up $650 in the last 3 weeks playing live and at least $200 online, so it has been a nice run.

Hope everyone else is doing well. One bit of news from my side is that we are having huge layoffs at the end of this month, and nobody knows who is staying and who is going. It has been tense around here lately, and it will be interesting to see what happens. I feel 50% confident that I will stay, as I have huge support from our corporate headquarters in Houston, but one never knows in this economy.

Good luck at the tables everyone, see you next time.

Ryan

No comments: