Thursday, March 12, 2009

Down 1.5 BIs in the first 10 mins, and I end up 1.5BIs for the night

5-tabling again on FT last night. Again, trying to increase my aggression factor, play a lot of pots, raise at least 3 times per orbit, in order to get action when I do have good hands. Even though there are a lot of pots below that I won, there are many where I would lose 10-15BBs trying to be aggressive, re-raising people with nothing and getting played back at. But I guess that is the whole idea of being aggressive – to get action on your monsters.

Things were looking good to start when this hand came up, but of course I get screwed getting all my money in as a 3:1 favorite…



Fear_T_Rex: sry, thought that’s what you had, 50/50

By my calculations, I am 72% to win after that flop, but that is never good enough on FT, as demonstrated here on my next big hand that I get lucky on.



I am sure he had to be pretty sick about that one.

Here was a nice turn card for both of us that turned out to be better for me… :D



Then, I suckout here on the turn, although I don’t get all of the money in until then. Guy is way ahead on the flop and FT fucks him this time.



This one was like seeing the hottest girl in school, getting to make out with her, and then finding out it was your sister.



And then to end, here are the 3 sets that I hit in my session. The first one, I made some money, but not a lot. The last 2, both of my opponents insta-called my all-ins. And when I say instacall, I mean there wasn’t even a hesitation on either one. Of course, they are both drawing dead by the turn on both, and I am smiling all the way to the river.









So, I did win a lot of pretty big hands, but it cost me a lot of money being aggressive, and I ended up 1.5 BIs for the night. My roll between FT and PS is around $535, and my goal is to get up to $700 by the end of the month and switch to 25c/50c.

Thanks for reading, and good luck at the tables.

Ryan

No comments: