Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Down, then up, then up some more...

I was down nearly 2 buy-ins early in the session, mostly because I decided to be more aggressive in the session. I have been playing pretty passively, which as you know, doesn’t help you when you get big hands and raise, because everyone folds. So, I tried to take the lead on more hands.

It didn’t really work out well the first hand, as my 2 opponents had me drawing stone dead on the flop:



After that hand, things started working out a little better for me:



A brilliant limp with aces there gets the guy in trouble. Oh well, too bad for him. Then this is a fun hand. At first, I was dissapointed that I did not get all the money in on the turn, especially with that crappy river. But, that didn't stop the villain from calling my raise:




Then, I get it in here against aces as a 55/45 favorite and spike one of my many outs on the river:



Then, your standard donk re-re-raise with jacks. Um, what did you really think I had buddy, pocket nines??




Anyways, so I went from down nearly 2 buy-ins to up a little over a buy-in to end with a roll right around $500. A far cry from the $200ish bankroll from a few weeks ago.

Hope everyone is well, and good luck at the tables. I will get to a BBT4 tournament soon, but things are still too busy with my wife right now to even dream of playing for 4-5 consecutive hours right now. Congrats to all that have locked up a TOC seat. I hope to join you soon.

Ryan

No comments: