Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Mixed Results

I wanted to start off by wishing good luck to all of my fellow bloggers that will be participating in the WSOP main event. I wish everybody luck, and I hope Loretta can pull it off by winning the whole damn thing on a freeroll.

As for myself, I am obviously not going to Vegas for the WSOP. I had plans about 3 months ago to get out for the last $1,500 NLHE event, but with all of the things going on at home, with my wife extremely busy with her work, it would have been impossible. I do get the whole month of August to myself and would like to get up there for a weekend, but within those 4 weeks, I need to get over to Mexico City to get LASIK on my eyes, so that might put a kink in things.

As far as poker goes, I am really flabbergasted to say the least. I had been on a decent incline as far as cashes go in 6-man SNG turbos, and all of a sudden, I failed to cash in 14 in a row. 8x$6, 2x$11, 2x$22 and 1x$33. I finished 3rd in what seemed like all of them. And my bust-out hands are a series of the cruelest bad beats you ever did see. Aces getting cracked, straights getting flushed on the river, and in what seemed like the last 5 or 6 bust-outs, KK, QQ or JJ vs. A-rag with an ace hitting every frickin’ time.

I am not one to whine about bad beats, but it was seriously shocking the series of beats I took. If you added them all up together as a probability, the chances would be one in a million for sure.

Anyways, I had to take a break from SNGs, because I was just getting raped, so the last couple of days, I got in about 1,000 hands of 50NL. I just wanted a change from the norm. Anyways, the results over that time recouped the $150+ I lost playing SNGs. Most of the profit coming from these hands:







The second hand there is pretty sick, and I manage to hit running jacks to take the pot, 2 outs on the turn and 4 outs on the river, something finally went my way.

Those two hands, coupled with some other standard play at 50NL have me even in the last 4 days, which is wonderful considering how shitty I have been running in 6-man SNGs.

Anyways, no poker for me in the next 3-4 days, probably until the weekend. Hopefully we are having a live game at my house on Saturday, but if not, I will be grinding away at the virtual tables instead.

Thanks all for reading, good luck to everyone.

Ryan

No comments: