Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy Belated Canada Day

Hope all of my fellow Canadians had a wonderful Canada Day. Our family and some friends got together to celebrate, had a few beers, dressed up in red and white, the whole bit. The kids ran around, did the slip’n’slide thing, ran around, got tired, went to bed early, and aloud for a quiet evening at the house after the party. Was very nice.

On the poker front, I have set out to play 500 6-man SNGs at the $6 level on FT and make an assessment of my play based on those results. If I can achieve an ROI over 10%, I will move up to the $11 level. If not, I will do another 500 games at the $6 level again and see if I can improve. So far, I am through 30 games, and I have an ROI of about 13%.

Even in 30 games, it is amazing the swings I have had, even playing the same way for all 30 games. I won 4 of the first 5 games, then didn’t cash for 11 games in a row, then won the next 3 games, shit like that. I like SNGs because the variances seem to be less than cash, but sometimes it’s amazing the swings you can have.

I am also starting the steps program on PokerStars, trying to qualify for one of the WCOOP events. Obviously, if I do something crazy like qualify for the main event, I would take the T$, but we will see. So far, I’ve played 3 step 1’s, and now have 1 step 2 ticket. We will see how that goes.

I am not playing any cash lately due to some huge losses in the last week, I was down $200+ in about 5 minutes playing 50NL the other day, most of the losses coming from once when I was AIPF blind vs. blind with KK vs. AA, once with I was AI post-flop on a J-high board with AA vs. AQ and he hit’s runner runner straight? That had was so fucked up. Couple of other bluffs gone bad, and about $230 was gone in a few minutes. So I am now down to $325ish in my roll, which sort of sucks, but that is why I am playing the $6 SNGs to build it back up. I should get a rackback payment in the next few days for $60ish so that will help as well.

The wife and I are doing great, and she heads up with the kids for vacation in 27 days. Ahhhh….

Peace out boys, good luck at the tables. A good luck Loretta and whoever else is headed to the main event. I will be rooting for you!

Ryan

No comments: