Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Standard Update

Wow, I just realized that it had been quite a while since I updated last time. I guess I have been a little lazy overall, with a lot of things going on in my life non-poker related.

We have finalized our summer plans, and I will officially be a bachelor for 30 days in August. My wife is taking all of the kids up to Canada for 2 months, and I will join them for the last month, but I will be on my own, no kids, no rules, no anything for a month (well, except for work.) That should be an exciting month on the poker front, and I am already looking forward to it.

Currently, poker has been so-so. Been playing some heads-up SNGs with some success, though I am still donking around at the $6 level. It is pretty funny how in these SNGs, that some people are willing to go AIPF for 35+ BBs with A-rags, K7-KT, and various other suited connectors. I like to shove when I get premium hands, and sooner or later, some donk calls you at a 70-30 dog or worse. I like it. :D

Played the $3+R on Stars a couple of times with no success. Both times, I have gone out 800-1000st place with AA vs. some lower PP and they spike a set. Really frustrating. Mainly staying with $6 6-man turbos and $6 heads up SNGs lately, as I never seem to have much time for more than that, and I am staying even basically. Nothing to exciting to show for my play the last couple of weeks.

Currently, my roll sits at about $525. After I cashed out before, I was down to $350ish, and I ran it as high as about $580, but I have since backed up a little. No cash games at all recently, as I don’t have to patience for that right now.

Congrats to Fuel, Loretta and Lucko for their recent success at the virtual felt. Sure would love to know the secret behind all of their success. I can’t seem to find mine right now.

Anyways, enough wallowing for now, back to work, and then some poker later.

Good luck to everyone.

Ryan

No comments: