Friday, March 7, 2008

Wow, been a while...

Lots has happened in the last couple of weeks, all things non-poker related. Two seperate tregedies in the family, coupled with my wife's desire that I don't play online poker anymore have created a lot of tension/emotion in the house, and it has been difficult to play.

Trust me, my wife and kids are more important than online poker a million times over, but that doesn't mean I won't play. Online poker is my getaway, my dive into non-reality for a while, and lets me forget about everyday problems, at least for an evening.

Things on the whole for my family are great. Kids are healthy, wife is pretty happy. We just celebrated our 1st/4th anniversary (married on Feb 29th) and took a weekend getaway to a nice place nearby. Kids were looked after by nannies and my mom, so it was nice to completely get away for a while, hang out on the beach, sip margaritas at 10am, get room service, watch pay-per-view without getting out of bed. It was a nice time to spend with your wife, sort of a re-connection after her 10-day trip to Canada.

As far as poker goes, nothing to amazing happening. I cashed out $500 to pay for the weekend trip, and the poker that I have played has not gone well. Been playing some WSOP steps SNGs on Stars and not really getting anywhere, play a few MTTs and done nothing, and played no cash. My roll is about $1900 left online and I am due a $120ish rakeback payment in a couple of days, so that will bring my roll back to $2k. I'll spend a few hundred bucks trying to qualify for the WSOP, and probably cash out some more money at the end of the month.

I promised my wife to cut back the online poker, and will now probably play only once a week, 4-5 times a month. It will be in the evenings, and I will play a ton of MTTs and cash simultaneously when I do play to get as much in as possible. I want to try and get in as much as possible so I can play the PS freerolls for the WSOP main event, and get back to Silverstar status to play some of those freerolls as well.

Anywho, posting will definately be cut back a bit unless something amazing happens, I'd say about once a week to update progress.

Thanks to everyone who reads my blog, and good luck at the tables.

Ryan

No comments: