Friday, March 28, 2008

Quick update before the weekend…

Hello all,

Just thought I would post an update before I headed out for the weekend. Some news from the last 72 hours… let’s see. Well, my wife just booked a trip to Vegas for 3 nights with her mother in mid-April, so that will give me 3 full nights of poker while she is gone. The Golden Nugget had some 3 for 2 promotion going, and so splitting that with the flight from here in Cabo, the trip will be about $600 plus shopping and gambling. Not too bad. A small price to pay for 3 night of poker.

Everything is going pretty well personally. Work has been pretty good lately, although the company is in for a big shake-up. I work for a real estate development company here in Cabo, and with the market the way it is, we will probably be letting quite a few people go. For now, it has been said that I am safe, but in this market, you never know.

On the poker front, big time yoyo action. I played half-drunk the other night, which led to calling with a lot of draws, raising with junk, etc. I was having a good time, but was not hitting. That, along with 4-tabling 100NL, it was an expensive bit of fun. All told, I was down about $150, and only $150 because I river sucked out on a guy with trips, and I made a baby flush on the river for a $120 pot.

The only 2 real hands of interest in the last day are the following:

Full Tilt Poker Game #5806499213: Table Gemstone - $0.50/$1 - No Limit Hold'em - 18:38:01 ET - 2008/03/27
Seat 1: Fabusus ($87.15)
Seat 2: bimmelb ($42.80)
Seat 3: oggzo ($171)
Seat 4: O Johnstone ($33.65)
Seat 5: Cashy Johnson ($99)
Seat 6: Fox1509 ($37)
Seat 7: akASSMANak ($40)
Seat 8: PJS JR ($99)
Seat 9: KCRobWW ($42.25)
Cashy Johnson posts the small blind of $0.50
Fox1509 posts the big blind of $1
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to PJS JR [Ac Kd]
PJS JR raises to $3 standard raise from UTG
KCRobWW folds
Fabusus folds
bimmelb folds
oggzo folds
O Johnstone folds
Cashy Johnson folds
Fox1509 calls $2
*** FLOP *** [Kc Jd 6c] TPTK, yay
Fox1509 bets $6.50
PJS JR calls $6.50
*** TURN *** [Kc Jd 6c] [Qd]
Fox1509 bets $19.50 don't like this, but he is not deep, will be taking this to the river for sure.
PJS JR calls $19.50
*** RIVER *** [Kc Jd 6c Qd] [As]
Fox1509 bets $8, and is all in
PJS JR calls $8
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Fox1509 shows [9h Jc] a pair of Jacks
PJS JR shows [Ac Kd] two pair, Aces and Kings 2-pair is good
PJS JR wins the pot ($71.50) with two pair, Aces and Kings
Fox1509 is sitting out
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $74.50 | Rake $3
Board: [Kc Jd 6c Qd As]
Seat 1: Fabusus didn't bet (folded)
Seat 2: bimmelb didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: oggzo didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: O Johnstone (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: Cashy Johnson (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 6: Fox1509 (big blind) showed [9h Jc] and lost with a pair of Jacks
Seat 7: akASSMANak is sitting out
Seat 8: PJS JR showed [Ac Kd] and won ($71.50) with two pair, Aces and Kings
Seat 9: KCRobWW didn't bet (folded)


Full Tilt Poker Game #5815104764: Table Jasper Bluff - $0.50/$1 - No Limit Hold'em - 12:02:48 ET - 2008/03/28
Seat 1: Rem_The_Man ($182.80)
Seat 2: watchdog26 ($6.95)
Seat 3: phoenixdan8 ($43.20)
Seat 4: StefanZ69 ($85.25)
Seat 5: mibole ($40.95)
Seat 6: jarvis4434 ($47.55)
Seat 7: BoogieDown ($81.50)
Seat 8: Battiedoerak ($102.15)
Seat 9: PJS JR ($103.60)
Rem_The_Man posts the small blind of $0.50
watchdog26 posts the big blind of $1
The button is in seat #9
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to PJS JR [Kc Ks] I like this
phoenixdan8 folds
StefanZ69 folds
mibole folds
jarvis4434 folds
BoogieDown raises to $2 min-raise???
Battiedoerak calls $2 must be drawing hand
PJS JR raises to $9 Trying to isolate
Rem_The_Man folds
watchdog26 folds
BoogieDown calls $7 drawing hand for sure
Battiedoerak raises to $102.15, and is all in really? can I put him on Aces?
PJS JR raises to $103.60, and is all in Fuck it!
BoogieDown folds
PJS JR shows [Kc Ks]
Battiedoerak shows [Ah Ad] Crap
Uncalled bet of $1.45 returned to PJS JR
*** FLOP *** [Ac 4c Jc] Wow, about as good as I can hope for
*** TURN *** [Ac 4c Jc] [9c] BOOM! Don't pair board!!!
*** RIVER *** [Ac 4c Jc 9c] [8h] Weeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!
PJS JR shows a flush, Ace high
Battiedoerak shows three of a kind, Aces
PJS JR wins the pot ($211.80) with a flush, Ace high
Battiedoerak adds $50
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $214.80 | Rake $3
Board: [Ac 4c Jc 9c 8h]
Seat 1: Rem_The_Man (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 2: watchdog26 (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 3: phoenixdan8 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: StefanZ69 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: mibole didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: jarvis4434 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: BoogieDown folded before the Flop
Seat 8: Battiedoerak showed [Ah Ad] and lost with three of a kind, Aces
Seat 9: PJS JR (button) showed [Kc Ks] and won ($211.80) with a flush, Ace high

Obviously, I got lucky on the latter hand, but 20% happens from time to time. Also, I could really put the guy on Aces, as he did a good job concealing that fact. He only called the min-raise of the other guy, so I thought he had a drawing hand. Obviously, when he pushed all in, aces were a definite possibility, but I just couldn’t put him on them. I am definitely not folding KK in that situation.

Another hand that I won big with but lost the HH was another hand with aces when I was in the BB. It was blind vs. blind, and the SB raised to $3 and I smooth called. Flop comes Q-high with 2 diamonds, he bets $5, I call, turn is a blank, he bets $25, I raise all-in, he calls me with the nut-flush draw and misses on the river for a nice $175 pot.

Anyways, even with those 2 big pots, I am pretty much net even for the last few days. Played about ten 6-man SNGs in the last 2-3 days, and was about even on those as well. My roll sits at $2,368 as of this moment, and again, I have said this before, I feel stuck around this number. I can’t really get myself past this. Anyways, I will keep trekking and see what happens.

What I am most excited about it playing a few blogger tournaments while my wife is gone. I read about them all the time on other blogs, and am looking forward to participating. The MATH and the blogger big game, those types of tournaments. Hopefully, I can have a nice few days in April when those are still going on, and perhaps snap up a TOC berth for the free WSOP seat. Who knows…

Either way, thanks for reading, and look forward to seeing you guys in blogger tournaments in a few weeks.

Ryan

No comments: