Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Ummm.... help?

What an interesting run I'm on. My cash game has gone to hell in a handcart. My tourney game rocks. What happened? My run at the cash games has been so good the last 2 months, but lately, I can't win a thing.

Highlights from last week:

1) Playing the EPT steps, started at the $7.50 level, have worked my way up to the $700 level. 2 wins away from Monte Carlo!
2) 2nd place in a $4+0.40 180-man on PS. Got heads up down about 2-1 in chips, and was caught bluffing all-in on the river with a busted draw to the other guy with top pair, 2 kicker, but I was already committed by the turn, so felt I'd give it a shot.

Lowlights:

1) Getting my a$$ kicked in cash games. Big time.
2) Can't win with Aces
3) Can't win with Kings
4) Can't seem to win at all.

My account balance is now at $2,338 + the $700 ticket to the EPT steps tourney. So, in some technical way, I reached my $3k goal for January. But not really. The $700 ticket has no cash value (which I would probably cash out if I could) so I am still really at the $2,300 level still.

I have changed my outlook, and am going to take it easy on the cash games for a while. I want to focus on sit-n-gos for a while, and psych myself up to make a run for Monte Carlo. Also, would like to play a few more tourneys, especially after my second place finish on the 180-man on PS.

Thanks for reading, will try an update over the weekend.

Good luck at the tables.

Ryan

No comments: