Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Another quickie, that's all I have time for

A quick update...

Since I blogged last, my roll has been pretty constant. I am winning on FT and losing on PS. Between the 2, I am still at a hair over $2k. I haven't been constantly above $2,200 ever, reaching it twice before falling way down.

My latest FT session had me on 5 tables, all of which I made a profit at the end, 3 of them I ended over $100 (playing 50NL). On Stars, the first hand, my overpair vs. a set to lose $50. Couple of other dicey hands I probably should not have been in.

I have been varying my play a lot, calling with a lot of suited connected, hands that can create something if I hit. When I don't, I'm out. I won 4 big all-in pots on FT yesterday holding 68ss on a 689 board (villain had T9 and I held), hitting a set of 2's vs. aces, and getting all-in with 54dd on a 6d5c3d board, villain had JJ. I caught up on the turn and took it away from him. Also won another big hand with AA vs. JJ on a 458 board, I bet, he calls. 4 turn, I bet, he calls. 5 river, I go all-in, he calls. So that was a nice one.

2 big hands I lost were AKhh on a 3h5h7h board, guy hit a set of 5's and made a full house on the river, and AA vs. KK, guy hits a King on the turn. Overall, my smaller hands have been more profitable than the big ones.

Anyways, my wife is away in mid-February, and so I will be trying to qualify for a few of the bigger events and hope to play them while she is gone and I have some time. I will have my 3 kids, but they are still in bed by 7:30 most days.

Thanks for reading, I will post a longer update in the near future. Good luck at the tables.

Ryan

No comments: