Friday, January 18, 2008

Bad, Bad Idea

Wow, was it ever. I am not ready for 100NL. An expensive lesson.

I got rolled over. Re-raised. Re-raised again. It's like they know I was weak. And scared. And after I while, I was.

Down $300 very quickly playing 100NL. Not value-betting when I had the best hand. Calling when I had the worst. Somehow, my play totally changed. I don't know why, really, but I am moving back down in a hurry. Back to the safety net of 50NL until I get to at least a $3k bankroll.

The kicker was after I said I was gonna quit, I had already lost $200, I jumped onto another table, just for one last shot. I raised with 66. Got called in the BB. Flop comes a dream AT6. We get it all in on the turn, which was a 3, he's got AA. Just walked into that one. So, the first $200 was my fault, the last $100 really wasn't, but it stuck like a bitch.

Due to this, and a couple of MTTs on FT that I failed to cash in, my bankroll actually dipped below $2k for the first time since Christmas. Ick. I know there are ups and down, but I have gone from 1.5k to 2.2k to 1.6k to 2.4k now back to 1.9k. It has really been up and down. As I discussed before, I don't know if my cash game is solid enough to make a run at 3 or 4k, but I am going to try, and try to improve my game along the way. We will see.

I played this morning for 30 minutes for a $50ish profit, and find myself currently at a bankroll of $2,008 ($1,452 on FT, $556 on Stars). I am going to calm down a little bit and play only 50NL and some smaller MTTs. I find even with those I get nervous playing a $30 MTT because it's $30!! If it is $5 or $10, I play so differently. Gay, I know.

So, back to 50NL I go. Was fun for the day or 2 it lasted at 100NL. I will make it there again, but not for a while.

Thanks for reading, and good luck at the tables.

Ryan

No comments: