Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Another quickie, long post to follow...

Just a quick update...

Played very little over the weekend, did not play any MTTs that I had planned, and had wanted to play some Sunday Million qualifiers on Stars, and never got to those either.

Played a home game on Sunday night, 5 way all-in on the first hand! Was pretty funny. 9 players, everyone limps, I have T6hh in the big blind, I check. Flop comes Tc7c6s. SB bets 10 (playing 1/2) I raise to 40, 3 other people go all-in, SB too, so I call:

SB: Ac6c
MP1: 4c5c
MP2: KhTs
MP3: 7s6d

Obviously, I am not a fave to win vs. 4 people, but for some miraculous reason, my hand held to quintuple up on the first hand! Was pretty funny. Managed to not win another hand for about 2 hours. Ended up winning 3 or 4 small pots later on and ended up $300 for the night, so that was nice. Paid my HOA dues for the month. :D

Online has been slow. I did want to post a couple of hands, but don't have the time right now. Big swing hands in the last few days:

2 x All-in PF with KK, both times run into AA (-$89.50)
Flopped set over set and got 1-outed (-$46.85)
BB special 72 flops two pair against AA who didn't raise and holds (+$36.45)
Turned straight flush with 6s3s against AsKs, all in on the turn (+$62.55)

Other hands I will post in my next entry, but wanted to share those with you now. I probably won't be playing much in the next few days, work has been pretty crazy. But I will try and update some time on Friday or Saturday.

Current bankroll on Stars and FT = $2,203 and rising.

Goal for the end of January $3k. If I get to $3k by the end of January, I am gonna play an FTOPS event on FT. I will be trying to qualify for them either way. Would like to play a couple of the smaller buy-in hold'em events and perhaps a PL Omaha event. We will see.

Thanks for reading, will update you again soon.

Ryan

No comments: