Thursday, October 16, 2008

Long Session, no results…

I put in a 2-hour session this morning, 4-tabling 25c/50c Deep Tables. In the first 20 minutes, I got a whole bunch of good cards, aces 2 or 3 times, kings, queens and jacks about 7 times. Couldn’t get any action on any of them, and ended the first 20 minutes about $20 up.

Then for the next hour, I got absolutely nothing, stayed patient, but couldn’t get anything. Then I started raising with marginal hands, and it seemed every time I got re-raised or called and then had to fold after aggression on the flop.

The last 20 minutes of the session, I played a couple of decent sized pots to get me back to even after being down $40 at the worst part of the session and ended about even for the 2 hours of play. I guess that is ok considering I didn’t play a pot over $14, and never won any big ones. The most frustrating part was probably the fact that every time I got Jacks, the flop contained a combination of 2 aces, kings or queens. Then the last time, someone raises and I call with jacks and the flop comes KKJ, I am praying he has AK, so I slow play to the turn and he ends up folding to a small check-raise. Obviously, he didn’t have AK. Sucky.

Anyways, my session of being even maybe netted me $3 or $4 of rakeback, and I am happy all of these bad cards in the middle of my session didn’t result in greater losses.

Anywho, that’s about all for me right now. Will check back in later in the week.

Ryan

No comments: