Wednesday, April 16, 2008

This roller-coaster is only going down...

No easy way to say this, but I am cashing out most of my roll. What peaked at over $2,700 a couple of months ago has seen a steady decline in the last few weeks. I can't win a race, my kings are losing to AT, Queens are no good against 22, and I am feeling incredibly negative regarding all facets of my game.

My roll on each PS and FT is approx. $975. I am cashing out $750 on each to pay for a mortgage payment, which does help out a lot, and leaving about $450 total online between both sites.

I remember the days that it was fun to play on the 10NL tables. When I made that jump to 25NL, it got my heart pumping. I wan't to go back to that for now and enjoy playing poker, not just enjoy making money. If I enjoy it, and I make the correct moves, I can build the roll back up again. But honestly, I can really use a 1-month break on paying the mortgage, it helps out a lot.

So, back to $6 SNGs and $2-$5 MTTs, and 10NL. I may play the occasional 25NL table, but for now, back to lower limits and increased enjoyment playing the game.

As I was explaining to people close to me, if I saw my $100 deposit build to $2,700 and then go to 0, it feels like I lost $2,700, not spent $100 on a lot of fun. So, I am going to cash out while I can and help with family stuff.

The one exciting thing is that my wife is away for a few days, and I will get the chance to play the MATH and a couple of blogger events and see these guys in action that I don't see too often, so that will be nice.

I will continue posting at least on a weekly basis to update you on my new trek from $450 to wherever that may lead. I hope those who read will not stop reading, and thanks everyone who has supported me over the last few months. I hope you continue to rail, as I will with you.

Thanks, and good luck to everyone at the tables.

Ryan

No comments: