Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My last hoorah (for a while)

Not my last hoorah forever, just for the next while. Played again last night for another 7+ hours, played various $2-$10 MTTs and ran pretty poorly early on, couldn’t get anything going. I was out in the first 3 tournaments by the second break, well short of the money.

While busting out of these tourneys, I was in the $3 rebuy donkfest again on Stars. Was in for one buy-in and an add-on, and was sitting with 6k in chips at the first break. Very first hand of the non-rebuy period, I get QQ in the SB. Folded around to me, I had the BB covered barely and I raise it to 3x the BB, he insta-shoves, and I call. He tables AQsuited, turns a flush draw but doesn’t get there. Up to 12k in chips.

I lost a hand when I call a small stack shove with AJ, he had AQ but only 2k in chips. Then, I doubled up on a flopped set vs. an overpair and after chipping up a little bit more during the second hour, I was sitting at 30k in chips, well in the top 15% of those remaining.

All ended up going to hell, when the 6th or 7th hand of the 3rd hour, I pick up JdJc in the cutoff and raise it up, get called by the BB, who is the only guy at the table that has me outchipped. Flop comes out 2d4d5d. So there is like 2k chips in the pot, and this guy insta-shoves for all of his chips. I sat back and thought for a while, took some time to think, and eventually called. BB has 9c9s, shit, he’s drawing to one out, and the mofo hits the 9h on the turn and I don’t hit my flush or a J on the river. I win that hand and I would have been in the top 5 in chips. As it turned out, he was top 5 in chips. So gay.

Played 3 $4-180man SNGs on Stars with no success on the first 2, but managed to final table the 3rd one. My only bright spot of the night. I was the 2nd stack with 7 to go, but when we got down to 4-handed, chip stacks were 90k, 70k, 70k and me at 40k. 2nd hand 4-handed, I have AdQd in the BB, one of the 70k stacks raises UTG, and I shove, he calls and tables AT, first card out?? You guessed it, a T. I don’t catch up. Gay $60 cash on that one, but it put me in the positive for the evening. All in all, the 3 days my wife was gone, I played a lot, got in some good MTT time, and feel that my game is pretty good right now.

To summarize, I played 42 tournaments, ranging from $2 to $10, and netted just over $200 for the 3 days. Doesn’t seem like a lot, but any positive is good for MTTs considering I haven’t played many lately, and, my bankroll that I cashed out down to close to $400 has now risen to $600ish, so I am pretty happy about that.

Anyways, hope all is well with everyone, and good luck at the tables.

Ryan

No comments: