Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Here we go...

Hello all!

My name is Ryan (PJS JR on FT, PJS JR. on Stars), and I am an addict. That's right, I am addicted. I can't get enough. Poker that is. I started playing about 2 months ago, low limit stuff, and I figure that I am going to be playing as much as possible, and I want to track my progress, so the best way to do this is with a blog.

I plan on doing the basic stuff, showing some hand histories, talking about bad beats, game theory, my overall thoughts about poker and non-poker related stuff, and hope to have a lot of fun along the way.

About 7 weeks ago, I deposited $100 of PokerStars and $100 on FullTilt. I see a lot of differences between the two sites, promotions offered, a little variance in the games offered and tournament buy-ins, so I thought I would try both.

I have focussed my play on the following:

PokerStars:
$3.00+0.25 6-person turbo sit-n-gos
$0.05/$0.10 6-person cash games

FullTilt:
$2.00+0.25 9-person sit-n-gos

I have thrown in the odd $5.00+0.50 9-person on Stars and FT, though I have played very few. Currently, as of September 18, 2007, my account balances are as follows:

Stars: $172.25
FT: $120.44
Total Profit: $92.69

A pretty good start. I will leave that as my first post, and try to post at least twice a week. I want to post a 6-person sit-n-go from a couple of weeks back that I came back from 10 chips to rally for an improbable victory, and I'll do that in my next post.

For now, I hope to see all of you at the tables, and good luck!

Ryan

No comments: